Bill Boyle’s Unlimited Script Mentoring Program
Bill Boyle’s “Unlimited Script Mentoring Service” is a unique approach that has earned him the recognition as one of the top script consultants in the business.
His approach reveals itself more as a Mentor than as a Coach or Consultant. See Mentoring vs. Teaching.
A Mentor offers a greater perspective focusing on the acquisitions of additional skills thus allowing the writer to maintain their own true voice within the basic screenwriting template.
Unlimited Script Mentoring means you have as many one-on-one sessions (by phone, skype or in person) as necessary to complete a full draft of your screenplay, from concept to first draft or from draft to polish.
Creative Screenwriting Magazine has listed Bill among the top 10% of Script Consultants in the country. Using a style of screenwriting he calls ‘The Visual Mindscape’ guarantees your screenplay will be as marketable as it can possibly be.
Every Screenplay Bill has written has either been produced or optioned, and it is the Visual Mindscape approach to his writing that has made that possible.
Bill takes your screenplay from concept to first draft, or from full draft to polish. He approaches your script from three different but equally important points of view. Pay specific notice to "The Specifics" as this is where most screenplays fall short.
This includes establishing a tight present moment narrative, exploring the visual expressions of your story, seeking the proper pacing and prose of your narrative with each scene, and seeking out the natural pulse of your dialogue.
Once the specifics are on solid ground, he will move on to the big picture - the overall storytelling process and visual expressions of your screenplay.
This includes the structure and layout of the story as well as the progressive development of the story line and the characters.
How one tells their story is just as important as what the story is about. Storytelling goes beyond the specific and the overall, and deals with revealing and withholding clues as well as establishing a firm atmosphere throughout the story.
Bill only takes on a total of 5 new writers every two months.
The fee for Unlimited Screenplay Mentoring Service is $1,000. It you wish to make the payment in installments the fee is 6 payments of $200 ($1,200).
If you are interested in signing up, let us know, and a Paypal invoice will be sent to your email address. Payments can also be made by credit card to www.paypal.com and making the payment to email@example.com
If you have any further questions, you can either email Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 818-808-7336.
To allow Bill to effectively critique and work your script, you need to be aware of the following requirements:
- The script must be completed within eight months of the first session, and the session bookings are based on the first mutually available time.
- Each session is scheduled only after pages have been delivered and at the earliest mutually available time. This is usually around a week or so after receipt of the pages.
- You need to submit your work in either Final Draft or Movie Magic. The reason for this is that Bill needs to be able to edit and/or attach script notes, and these two programs are the most efficient at doing so. Besides, as you are now approaching the threshold of professional screenwriting, you should be using professional screenwriting software.
- Initially you will submit around 10 pages at a time to begin along with a synopsis of the overall story. Once Bill is confident in your formatting, narrative style and dialogue, you will submit larger chunks of the script.
- You must use revision marks with revised pages, and clear/reset revision marks in your script prior to each submission. This is crucial otherwise Bill has no way of knowing what changes have been made in the script since the previous session. Also, as writers looking to become professional, being able to use revision marks is an absolute must. For those of you who are not certain about how to use a revision mode in either software, Bill will go over that with you during the first introduction session.
- Bill will need your phone number and email address.
- Bill schedules his West Coast Sessions in the evening, East Coast in the late afternoon and European and Australian sessions in the early morning. Please be clear these times are based on the time zone (PST) and not on your time zone.